Need help to be able to keep my chickens, Villages and city around the US are fighting to change so

mwalters1026

Hatching
Jul 29, 2015
This is what I need help with. I take great care of my chickens but a few have to mess it up for the rest. I provide eggs for my family and give the extra to the family that lives next door. My chickens are taken very good care of and my children love them. Any help to be able to keep my chickens would be great Plus Please anyone who could come to the meeting to help stand up for the rights I have to keep chickens. The more I can have to help the better. Thank you, very much

http://www.eaglebulletin.com/news/2015/jul/14/east-syracuse-looks-rid-village-backyard-chickens/

Just take pictures of your set up and have neighbors of you state they are not a nuisance. If you show a well maintained coop/pen and your neighbors say there is no noise or odor and your chickens are not at large then there is no way a ordinance is going to change from pro chicken to con.

The over sentiment just muddles the real questions. The real issues are basic. Noise, odor, health risks, animals at large. Keep it simple and to the point with overwhelming evidence that none of the above has been observed by your neighbors and photo evidence of a well maintained set up.

Let the opposition show over sentiment on issues like avian flu and other vague, ignorant suppositions that chickens are disease factories and smell. Your stance is of educating and correct backyard management, their stance will be of ignorance and seeming crazy.

Last edited:
Get rid of the roosters, put a little lime on the litter pile. Offer eggs to the neighbors. Put the burden of proof on the accuser. In the US- we are still innocent till proven guilty. As we tell people here, mind your own **** business, not ours.

Many older comminities just require no roosters and keeping the space from being obnoxious.

Back
Top Bottom