So confused about Safeguard

Hholly

Songster
Jul 3, 2015
Amo, IN
I found long, icky worms in my chicken's poop today, Surprise!
sickbyc.gif

So I went to TSC in search of either Safeguard or Valbazen. They had no Valbazen so I got the liquid Safeguard for goats, etc. I've been scanning several threads here and saw dosages that are either 1 time then 10 days later, another dose. And I've seen recommendations to give 5 daily doses.
So now, I'm totally confused.

I plan to treat both adult hens that I have. Do I also need to treat their 5 week old babies? The hens are not easily handled, so if I could do a single treatment it would be better all around.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Thanks!

Last edited:
I found long, icky worms in my chicken's poop today, Surprise!
sickbyc.gif

So I went to TSC in search of either Safeguard or Valbazen. They had no Valbazen so I got the liquid Safeguard for goats, etc. I've been scanning several threads here and saw dosages that are either 1 time then 10 days later, another dose. And I've seen recommendations to give 5 daily doses.
So now, I'm totally confused.

I plan to treat both adult hens that I have. Do I also need to treat their 5 week old babies? The hens are not easily handled, so if I could do a single treatment it would be better all around.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Thanks!

Safeguard liquid goat wormer: Give your adult hens 1/2cc orally undiluted once a day for 5 days straight. Give the chicks 1/4cc orally undiluted once a day for 3 days straight.

Safeguard liquid goat wormer: Give your adult hens 1/2cc orally undiluted once a day for 5 days straight. Give the chicks 1/4cc orally undiluted once a day for 3 days straight.
If the hens are about a pound to a pound and a half is it still 1/2 cc?
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom