Another fox

farm-a-zootical

Chirping
8 Years
Sep 29, 2011
Okay, all who have had a fox attack, do you have any advice that will come in handy for me, treatment-wise. We have had several fox lurking around, have been, er, hmmm, tackling the problem, but one grabbed my chicken because I let them out while I was changing their water. I got right after it, and he let her go, but we have one nasty gash. Nothing broken, several puncture wounds, she is traumatized, but not life threatening, I don't think. The one gash is pretty deep. We cleaned the wounds, put on Neosporin, gave her a baby aspirin and have her in a darker box. I am getting ready to give her water with electrolytes. The wound is torn in such a way that stitching would not be an easy thing to do. But I would love it if anyone has done anything else that I could do to help our poor old chicken. She no longer lays, but this is not the way anyone would choose for her to have her life ended. More traps are set, btw. Thanks so much in advance!!!!!

Puncture wounds are what I would be most concerned with. Look into getting antibiotic into her immediately. Losses most likely when respiratory system punctured a lot. Is she breathing OK?

Thank you for responding. She seems to be now that she has settled down some. I crammed wounds with Neosporin but do not have anything to give orally here. Is there anything I could get at TSC first thing in the morning?

Thanks, again. I will try our TSC and Southern States. I was close enough to get it to drop her while I was chasing it or we wouldn't have her now.

Also, how many baby aspirin could I or should I give in a 24 hour period? Appreciate the answers so much by those in the know!

Back
Top Bottom