Please help!!

Should i just wait it out?? Or throw in the towel?
Chances are pretty good that if you had hatchers on day 19 and it's now 22 with no more action that they perished in the shell. I would candle them and check for internal pips or obvious life/movement. If there is no sin of life then I would start eggtopsies with tapping into the shell and making sure before going further. Eggtopsies aren't for everyone, but if you can do them they can be helpful in narrowing down the possibilities of what went wrong.

If they aren't bantam eggs, the hatching at day 19 does signify temps a little warmer than recommended. What kind of incubator are you using and what was your humidity for the first 17 days and at hatch?

I used an Arksen 48 egg circulated bator. Kept humidity at 40%. Temp stayed between 100-101, and had a bad storm and lost power for four hours on day 3 or 4.
Its my neighbors bator, and i have another batch in mine due wednesday.
Thanks for your reply!!

I used an Arksen 48 egg circulated bator. Kept humidity at 40%. Temp stayed between 100-101, and had a bad storm and lost power for four hours on day 3 or 4.
Its my neighbors bator, and i have another batch in mine due wednesday.
Thanks for your reply!!
Has the thermometer ever been checked for accuracy?? Four hour power loss isn't bad, and they made it all the way to lockdown. I'm assuming that bator is forced air? That would explain the earlier hatchers. Do you monitor air cells at all?

Back
Top Bottom