Spokane County states it is still illegal to have chickens without 5+ acres of land?

gpsygrl

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 1, 2014
I live in Spokane County and have had four chickens for about 2 years now. My local feed store said it is legal to have them without a rooster in our neighborhood and I could not locate an ordinance or law that spoke directly about chickens. A non-adjoining neighbor recently found out that I have them and he's contacted me advising that per the zoning office, they're not allowed and that I will have to start a process to change the legislation, which runs approximately $1600.00 to start.

Has anyone else heard of this in Spokane County?? I know that the city of Spokane, which has much smaller lot sizes than the county typically does, has laws that say it is legal!! I'm wondering if anyone else has any knowledge? Does anyone know of anyone that is currently working on changing this (if it is true) that I can work with?

Neighbor is trying to scare you . what are they going to do?. My neighbor across the street had 1 acre had like 50 chickens 1 rooster and few goats. No permits No nothing.

Back
Top Bottom