Chickens and Quail

GreenChicken07

In the Brooder
6 Years
Oct 31, 2013
South Africa
Hi all! This seems to be quite a topic on BYC with many different opinions, and if I can have the chance to give mine.

A few months ago one of my two Japanese quail passed on. I missed him dearly and my female was getting quite lonely. I've been keeping quail probably for the past 6 years and I decided I needed a bit of a change. That's when I brought my two D'uccle chicks home. I've been wanting chickens almost since I can remember and when I got the chance I took it, I had looked on BYC that chickens may be aggressive to quail ( which was one of the reasons why I went with D'uccle's) and they couldn't be a happier family
ya.gif
. The D'uccle's are so calm around her and even (try) to make her join in with their little games.

They've been together for about three months now and they're all happy and healthy and I haven't seen a hint of aggression from the chickens toward the quail at all. If anything the chickens are an asset to the coop! They have really brought my little quail out of her shell and she's a lot happier because of her new friends.

I understand that many of you haven't had success in keeping chickens and quail together however I'm creating this post just to show that it is possible to make a success of it after research and f course choosing the correct breed
smile.png

-GreenChicken07
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom