Now what can I do?

malinois

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 31, 2013
Butler Pennsylvania
Due to unforeseen, and unfortunate circumstances, I find myself the sad owner of just one guinea hen now. Two weeks ago, I had 4 adult hens, and two days ago, I was down to just 2. Last night I found my one solo hen in the coop. (the others were not picked off by predators, but pick up trucks) She just turned 3 years old, so she is not a spring chicken...lol...but she is seasoned enough to survive here so far.
so now?
Should I add more babies? Guineas? or chickens? Should I just let her alone? should I keep her in? or let her out? Will she try to find other birds? will she take to babies?
Any advice would be appreciated. Today since I can't be home much, she is in the coop. She is quiet, eating, and being her usual self, which I am glad to see.
thanks all,

Did they get run over or stolen?
She'll likely appreciate friends. A lone bird is more likely to take to others of various ages.
Whether you get chickens or guineas is up to you and your plans.

X2, a lone bird will appreciate company. I wouldn't get chicks, but I would get adults...same age or younger, I'd go with younger as she'd be more likely to accept them.
Sorry about your loss
hugs.gif

I kept her in my łarger barn for a week. When i let her out, she disappeared. She has hooked up with the neighbors male and female and roosts w them. Getting 6 babies, and starting over this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom