Purely Poultry?

Fluffychickens6

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 17, 2014
I was looking around for some easter eggers and silkies and i came across purely poultry. Is it a good place? I've never gotten live animals shipped to my door step... Do I pick it up at like an airport or like at a postal office or does it get shipped to my door step? Are the chicks safe, alive? I've seen threads that have been pretty much 100% positive about purely poultry but it was from like 3 years ago. Any recent customers of purely poultry. If you have any recommendations for places that sell easter eggers or silkies please tell me, I'm in the bay area in California so any place that's a physical store that sells easter eggers or silkies or ships there that's reliable and good, please let me know!

Hi Fluffy,

I like to think of Purely Poultry as a wonderful place and our customers seem to feel the same way.

You asked if we are a good place. I thought these questions might be of interest to you:Why do we exist? Purely Poultry ignites and fuels passion for poultry.
How do we behave? The Purely Poultry Family loves with an organic passion and vision.
What do we do? Purely Poultry serves customers with a diversity of poultry and resources, online nationwide.
How will we succeed? Purely Poultry strives to be a great place to work, customer driven, and offer a fantastic poultry experience.

Here is our live arrival guarantee.
Live Guarantee: We guarantee that properly cared for birds will be alive and well for 24 hours after they arrive at your post office. After this 24-hour period, count the number of birds of each kind or breed that are ALIVE and WELL. If that number is LESS than the number you ordered, please fill out our Live Arrival Guarantee Claim Form found on the following link: http://www.purelypoultry.com/shippinginfo.html#lagform You may also call or email us and we will be happy to process the claim on your behalf. Please do not give us a dead count as we often include extra chicks to cover in the event of loss. YOU MUST REPORT the loss to us within 48 hours of receiving the shipment to be eligible for a credit. Purely Poultry is not responsible if customer does not pick up package within eight hours of arrival at the post office. We give store credit or refund for the cost of the birds. We do not credit shipping cost.
Here is some explanation of how arrival works:
Arrival: Chicks will be shipped to your post office, and they will call you upon arrival. You will need to pick up your chicks from the post office as soon as possible as they will not deliver them directly to you. The yolk sacs provide enough nutrition to feed and hydrate the chicks until they arrive at their destination. We ship the chicks in specially designed boxes with proper ventilation holes and packaging material.

Hi Fluffy,

I love Purely Poultry! I received 19 strong healthy chicks from Purely Poultry when I ordered 18, hatched Dec 1 last year, arrived at our post office in the hills of central Cal on the morning of Dec 3. Excellent laying golden buffs and barred rocks. The golden buffs are easy and sweet. More than one let me pet them and two fly up to my shoulder and perch. The barred rocks are shy but easy to handle, and very adorable.

A few weeks ago, I received day-old guinea fowl, and they are so special, strong and healthy. I did lose a few of the whites, but they're more fragile.

What I love about Purely Poultry is how they stay in contact with you. They chat live on their website and are eager to answer any question. They take phone calls, listen to problems and very novice questions and give good advice. I always felt they cared about me and my birds. I would buy from Purely Poultry exclusively, except they don't have the birds I currently am wanting. Hardly anyone does, though.

Good luck to you!

Just a heads up...no matter who you order from, be sure you talk to your post office a few days before the shipment is due to arrive. Tell them you are expecting live birds and give them your telephone number. Ask them to call you as soon as the birds arrive and then go immediately to pick them up. It's also helpful to talk to your delivery person to make sure they know you are going to pick them up at the P.O. and you do not want a home delivery.

Accidents do sometimes happen and contacting the P.O. will help keep your chicks from being loaded onto a delivery truck and driven around with the other mail deliveries.

Back
Top Bottom