I have pet panther that is eating my birds!

ShellyBear

Songster
9 Years
Jun 10, 2010
I have adopted a little black kitten, and now she is all grown up and loves the taste of meat. We have had accidents with button quail flying away and we couldn't find them in the house but someone did and all she left was a pile of feathers. We trimmed their feathers but it didn't help, I really didn't want her to eat them. I really want a house chicken but my cat doesn't see it as a friend more like breakfast. Is their any way to stop a cat from eating your birds. She was never a outside cat but she's till has that hunting instinct. Please help thank you!

I have all kind of cats around my home. They do not bother my adult chickens. I do have small bantams, Old English Game Hens, and did have seramas. When I did get little chicks once a long way back, the cats did show interest in them. We kept them caged until they grew to be larger. Is your kitty wolfing dawn quail, or chickens ??? Quail are small like baby chicks and can be appealing to him. I have no solution to unteach the behavior, except to re home the kitty.

WISHING YOU BEST
thumbsup.gif

You have to make a decision - the cat goes, or the birds. Or one of the two has to be raised out of the house and securely locked in their quarters. The cat doesn't play fairly. Birds have next to no way to turn tables on her. I'm all for pitting kitty in against a Ostrich to teach her some respect but, that isn't about to happen.

Ok I understand. I hope my serama will be big enough to let my cat know that she/he will not be eaten. My cat a ate full on adult button quail which are a lot smaller than any chicken. Thank you so muck guys!

Back
Top Bottom