A fastener or bracket to attach cattle panel to door frame

cowchipss

Songster
9 Years
Apr 20, 2011
Any good ideas for a bracket or fastener that I can buy at Home Depot, Lowes, or a hardware store to attach this part of a cattle panel to the door frame of my new, up and coming (and FIRST EVER) hoop coop?

Here is some hardware my friend found for me..... I could order these but I wanted to finish my coop this weekend and don't want to wait on the shipping. Thanks!

http://www.bigheelfasteners.com/

Sorry. The link is not working.

Would your typical wood staples work? They are quite inexpensive and easy to find.
attaching-to-wood-post%20jpg.jpg

Or a type of "U" clamp?
th

Sorry. The link is not working.

Would your typical wood staples work? They are quite inexpensive and easy to find.
attaching-to-wood-post%20jpg.jpg

Or a type of "U" clamp?
th

Thanks trailrider330! I was excited to see I had a reply. I have fencing staples similar to the picture you posted... I was hoping to screw something in so I don't have to hammer on my door frame.... I like the clamp but I just haven't found any that are small enough.

Also, since this is a project I'm working on by myself, I was thinking screwing brackets on would allow me to square things up and screw in place. I'm still a new craftswoman so holding the cattle panel in place, placing a fencing nail, and hammering it in will require..... some sweat, no tears, and hopefully no blood. ;}

If I don't come up with anything else before Friday, I'll be swinging away with the fencing nails.

Those are nice! Your local home improvement store(s) doesn't carry anything like that?

What about conduit clamps. They come in several sizes and run about $1 a piece. You would just have to add screws.
66588.jpg

I found the conduit clamps at Menards. Please tell me you have one near you!?!?

Or Lowes and Home Depot have these little clamps in a 1/2"size, but those still might be too big for your needs.
034481155515lg.jpg

Okay. Last post. I am in the process of designing my new coop so figuring out all the things available out there to use on the coop is rather interesting to me.

I found these at Ace Hardware. They are called plastic cable clamps. They come as small as 1/4" diameter and are $2.49 for 18 of them.
pACE3-981699t181.jpg

Home Depot's version of cable clamps:
2c0e8b46-54d0-4a36-b2cb-0dda6081b99d_145.jpg

Lowe's also carries something similar that they also call cable clamps. Here are there's:
032076067335lg.jpg

Just not sure plastic clamps would hold up the best (especially if you have any weather extremes).

Back
Top Bottom