Eating eggs while treating?

Noodlynoo

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 20, 2014
Can anyone tell me the reason why eggs cannot be consumed while chickens are being treated with Chlorsol?
Is it because I would be consuming that product too or some other reason?

[COLOR=141823]Can anyone tell me the reason why eggs cannot be consumed while chickens are being treated with Chlorsol?[/COLOR][COLOR=141823]
[/COLOR][COLOR=141823]Is it because I would be consuming that product too or some other reason?[/COLOR]

Yep. Unless you want to eat antibiotic eggs lol ;)

Short answer... Chlorsol, aka Chlortetracyline Hydrochloride, may interact with a lot of common medications that people use, and it is passed straight through the egg.

Is that also the case if the eggs are cooked? Like in breads, biscuits etc?

Last edited:
Is that also the case if the eggs are cooked? Like in breads, biscuits etc?

Well I would think that most if the chemicals would break down at high heat, and I'm assuming there aren't heart medicines or antidepressants involved... So minute in an egg that it wouldn't make you grow a 3rd eye or anything lol ;)

Generally be safe, I assume... Most don't want to consume meatbir eggs from antibiotic treated birds because of a personal choice, thinking along the lines that the bird is sick and therefore unfit for human consumption based on ethics more than health standards.

Antibiotics would probably not bother MY tendency to go ahead and eat the eggs, but a wormer would stop myveating the eggs completely..

Personal choice is what it boils down to. If it doesn't bother you to eat them, then they will be OK to eat. I wouldn't eat HUNDREDS of them lol, but a few won't hurt ;)

Back
Top Bottom