help my african goose

Brook K

In the Brooder
Jul 8, 2015
Texas
Today my 3 month old goose fell off his slide into his pool. Now he's doing some kind of weird neck thing where his head is twisted all the way to the right. He turns around and around to the right and wobbles and trips. What on earth is going on? Please help!

Today my 3 month old goose fell off his slide into his pool. Now he's doing some kind of weird neck thing where his head is twisted all the way to the right. He turns around and around to the right and wobbles and trips. What on earth is going on? Please help!

Sounds like he may have sprained his neck I'd keep him confined in a small area with food and water and let him rest a few days to see if that helps. He may injure himself more if allowed to be in an open area with lots of room. A buddy if you have one. If you don't see noticeable improvement in a day or 2 you may want to get him to a vet.

I see you post 1 day ago how is your gosling today?

@Brook K

He passed away. I'm heart broken.
Must have broken his neck so very sorry.
hugs.gif

If you haven't already I'd fix this slide thing so it doesn't happen again.

I threw it away. My husband has a dozer and is making a pond for the other 5 and my 3 little ducks. I had a bad week. A fox got 5 ducks a couple days before this happened. I've had all these animals for several months without anything bad happening. Then just in one week desaster strikes . Now everyone has to be put up at night. Oh well I love my little farm and will do anything to keep my babies safe. Thank you for the comments.

Last edited:
I threw it away. My husband has a dozer and is making a pond for the other 5 and my 3 little ducks. I had a bad week. A fox got 5 ducks a couple days before this happened. I've had all these animals for several months without anything bad happening. Then just in one week desaster strikes . Now everyone has to be put up at night. Oh well I love my little farm and will do anything to keep my babies safe. Thank you for the comments.
That sounds nice and they will love it.Please posts some pics of your flock and the pond when finished. We love to see.

So sorry for the loss of so many but seems once they know pickins are good they will wipe out in no time. I have to lock all of mine up every night or they would all be dead before the week is up. If you stay on here long enough you see pretty quick that is the only way of protecting them.

Brook K I'm so sorry you have had the loss of a pet.. Heres hoping you will get another when you are ready....
1f4ab.png
1f493.png
1f426.png
1f339.png

Back
Top Bottom