sleepy chick?

cottonwallaby

In the Brooder
Aug 30, 2015
Hi all, i am new here and brought home my first chicks yesterday. They are all 5-6 weeks old. The smallest one, who I guess is the youngest seems to nap more than the others and generally to be a bit quieter and slower. She is eating and drinking and no unusual looking droppings. I am hoping I am just being over protective as a first timer. Any advice would be appreciated though. My little girl loves this one the most!!

You can try adding a supplement that has electrolytes, vitamins and probiotics to their water. I use rooster boost. Tsc has it. Sometimes moving stress can trigger coccidiosis. Be on the look out for blood in their droppings.

Thank you. I will definitely try a supplement to their water. They are on medicated chick feed but it can't hurt to try everything

I tried the probiotic supplement but the poor little one got worse and died during the night.there was still no bloody droppings but she did hunch and ruffle her feathers and just stand around. I feel terrible, I only had her a day and a half. Now I am worried about the others. They are bright eyed, busy and eating lots, more so than the sleepy one ever did. I have put probiotics in their water and am keeping them fed and warm. Is there anything else i can do to make sure they stay well? I desperately want them to be ok :(

I tried the probiotic supplement but the poor little one got worse and died during the night.there was still no bloody droppings but she did hunch and ruffle her feathers and just stand around. I feel terrible, I only had her a day and a half. Now I am worried about the others. They are bright eyed, busy and eating lots, more so than the sleepy one ever did. I have put probiotics in their water and am keeping them fed and warm. Is there anything else i can do to make sure they stay well? I desperately want them to be ok
sad.png
Sorry for your loss. There was probably nothing you could have done, don't beat your self up. I think you are doing all you can to make sure they stay healthy. Just keep a close eye on them to make sure nothing develops. The probiotics should help. Which brand did you get?

Back
Top Bottom