Cooking Guineas

ILuvsChicks

Songster
10 Years
May 17, 2013
Missouri
I need to get rid of a few males. I've never eaten guinea. These guys are about two years old. Do they get tough like old chickens? I'm thinking first one will be in a crock pot with cream of chicken or mushroom soup. Then add some rice once they start to tender.
Not a whole lots of guinea recipes on here. I don't want to get all fancy with apples and oranges. Just keep it simple and eat good.
I see there are a lots of pheasant recipes and that any of them will work. But may my birds be too old for some of them? Like say, grilling.

I need to get rid of a few males. I've never eaten guinea. These guys are about two years old. Do they get tough like old chickens? I'm thinking first one will be in a crock pot with cream of chicken or mushroom soup. Then add some rice once they start to tender.
Not a whole lots of guinea recipes on here. I don't want to get all fancy with apples and oranges. Just keep it simple and eat good.
I see there are a lots of pheasant recipes and that any of them will work. But may my birds be too old for some of them? Like say, grilling.

I just stuff and roast mine. A neighbor made "chicken" noodle soup from the one that I gave her and all of her diners raved over the wonderful flavor of the broth. For older birds you may want to try the brining methods that a lot of people use for turkeys.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/582786/other-uses-for-guineas#post_7599189

i haven't tried on yet, but someone said to just salt,pepper and garlic if you like and lightly dust in flour and place in a brown and bake bag. I have been told that alot of restaurants that advertise pheasant, actually serve guinea, don't know that but was told that.

Back
Top Bottom