Help last day of lockdown!

CassieIvy

In the Brooder
Aug 27, 2015
Minnesota
I got to work and my sister called and said they temp spiked to 107. I checked it before I left and it was at 100 and there wad signs of life I am now on my last day of lockdown. This is my first time hatching duck eggs. The temp spiked for at the most 2 hours. What are the chances they will still hatch :( i am worried. Thanks in advance!

You could candle, or you could wait and see. Did your sister get the temp down right away? I read somewhere that if there is a temp spike, and the eggs are intact (have not pipped) they can be cooled with short water baths. You'd have to do some research regarding the recommended temp for the water. Too cold and it would send them into shock.

You could candle, or you could wait and see.  Did your sister get the temp down right away?  I read somewhere that if there is a temp spike, and the eggs are intact (have not pipped) they can be cooled with short water baths.  You'd have to do some research regarding the recommended temp for the water.  Too cold and it would send them into shock.
yes she got the temp down as soon as she saw it.

Back
Top Bottom