Kamori Goats and importing from Pakistan.....HELP!

NDgoatgirlNV

Songster
5 Years
Jul 1, 2015
Ivins, Utah 84738
My Coop
My Coop

I have been researching this breed and am currently talking to a few different suppliers in Pakistan to bring Kamori goats into the country..... I've been trying to research about importing livestock into the USA from Pakistan and honestly can't find much on the issue.....does anybody on here know anything about import laws/veterinary fees/quarantine charges? I really really want to start a foundation herd here in the desert where I live! Any help/information would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance!!

Reach out to your state's department of agriculture - they can help you begin to navigate the red-tape side of things that you need to be prepared to encounter.

Okay, I'll Google their information...... I know there's bound to be high import and quarantine fees, but I'm willing to pay them whatever they may be to get these amazing and beautiful animals here to Nevada!

I am not an expert, but I can tell you this. Importing hoofed livestock into this country is a long, involved, and very expensive proposition. For one thing, we do not have a livestock quarantine station in the USA. You might talk to the Boer associations. The Boers were brought in from Africa and they got into this country through Canada. It took several years I think. The people involved in that project are still around and they can tell you what you need to know. You just need to find out who they were and the Boer associations should be able to tell you. You might see if you can contact Frank Pinkerton. He is retired now but he used to be at Langston University and he might be able to help you.

Someone on FB told me that there is a ban on importing livestock from Pakistan..... I'll look into that as well....TY for the above info, I will try contacting my dept.of agriculture as well as the Boer Association first thing in the AM.

Someone on FB told me that there is a ban on importing livestock from Pakistan..... I'll look into that as well....TY for the above info, I will try contacting my dept.of agriculture as well as the Boer Association first thing in the AM.
If you imported goats, I think they would have to be quarantined in Pakistan, then moved to another country that would accept them, then to Canada and then finally to the US. You might look into importing semen and/or embryos rather than live goats. That might be easier. Maybe.

if I were younger and had won the lottery I would like to import some of those Pakistani goats myself. I would love have the opportunity to breed them and get some decent udders on them. I think that would be a fun and rewarding project. A lot of people like Nigerians. I like big goats and some of those Pakistani goats are enormous. One winner of the heavy goat competition topped the scales at something like 600 pounds. Try googling Pakistani Heavy Goat Competition. The animal I am referring to is black and white. See if you can find a picture of him. The weight is given in kilograms but it isn't that hard to convert kilograms to pounds.

I would love to import them, or the embryos, or semen, but it the APHIS site doesn't even address import from any Middle Eastern countries or African as far as I can tell.

I would love to import them, or the embryos, or semen, but it the APHIS site doesn't even address import from any Middle Eastern countries or African as far as I can tell.

Pakistan is in Asia. Does it have an Asian import section?

What does APHIS stand for?

All I can tell you is the Boer goats got here and they came from South Africa. However, it was a long drawn out project and it was not a direct route. The goats were shuttled through several different countries, the last one being Canada. You really need to see if you can talk to some of the Boer people. They are the only ones in the US I know of who can give the information you need. While you are at it, you might check with Canada and see what their import regulations are. Any goats imported into the US will have to go through Canada first.

Back
Top Bottom