Jill S

In the Brooder
Sep 1, 2015
Kentucky
Hi everyone! I'm a new member as well as a new chicken owner. I have a flock of 12. And trying to soak up knowledge about them!

Currently I have:

4 Rhode Island Red's
3 Buff Orpington's
3 Plymouth Barred Rock's
1 Black Australorp
and 1 unknown.

Hi everyone! I'm a new member as well as a new chicken owner. I have a flock of 12. And trying to soak up knowledge about them!

Currently I have:

4 Rhode Island Red's
3 Buff Orpington's
3 Plymouth Barred Rock's
1 Black Australorp
and 1 unknown.
Welcome to BYC. You've come to the right place to learn about your chicks. There are sooooo many knowledgeable people on here. Welcome!!!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. You have a nice mix of breeds. Black Australorps are my favorite standard breed. I raised them for years (along with dozens of other breeds), and they are extremely hardy, calm and gentle (my children and granddaughter made lap pets of them), and excellent layers of large brown eggs. You you want to know the identity of your unknown breed, just post its pic on our What Breed or Gender is This? section of the Forum (under chicken breeds) and let our experts there take a look at it for you. If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is loads of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Welcome to the BYC flock! We are very glad you decided to join us!

welcome-byc.gif

Thank you! I want several other breeds, but I know I have to be realistic :( And not sure my hubby would allow any more right now. I have already told him that we need a bigger coop. lol. My current one would accommodate more, but I want them all to have plenty of room.
I will definitely post a pic of my unknown! Thanks for all your help!

Thank you! I want several other breeds, but I know I have to be realistic :( And not sure my hubby would allow any more right now. I have already told him that we need a bigger coop. lol. My current one would accommodate more, but I want them all to have plenty of room.
I will definitely post a pic of my unknown! Thanks for all your help!

You're welcome. I'll look forward to seeing the pic of your unknown. :eek:)

Back
Top Bottom