ultrasonic waves

klx300

Hatching
Sep 3, 2015
hi can anyone tell me if a device that gives off ultrasonic waves for getting dogs to stop barking would affect chickens laying eggs ?

Maybe if it's causing them stress...stress is a funny thing
1f609.png

I have never found the ultrasonic bark deterrents to be effective at all against barking... Every dog i have used them on just pauses for a second and perks their ears the first few times they hear it then continue barking like normal, after a day or two I have never even seen a dog acknowledge the noise maker... Maybe your mileage will vary...

As for chickens, their hearing caps about 10,000 Hz these devices emit at 20-25,000 Hz so they are above human hearing and well above chicken hearing...

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. X2 on MeepBeep; a chicken's hearing range tops out at about 10,000 Hz, so the ultrasonic bark deterrent will not affect them. Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in shutting down the dogs' barking.

Welcome to BYC!

I feel for you on the dog barking. There are 18 dogs among the 3 neighbors houses closest to us and once they get going, it sounds like an animal shelter gone berserk. We spend a lot of time outside so when it gets too bad, we turn on a radio (full volume) and the dogs stop. The chickens don't seem to mind the music and it gives us a break from the non-stop barking.

Thanks for joining us, it's nice to have you here!

Back
Top Bottom