Incubation day 18

bigcountry82

In the Brooder
Jul 9, 2015
central ohio
Hello all. This will be the second time I have ever tried to incubate the first time was a total loss on eggs but I gained some good knowledge about the process. So here I am at day 18 time to stop turning. The question is do I leave eggs in the egg tray? Do I lay them on their side? Or should I put them in an Styrofoam egg carton? All of course while in the incubator. Please help. I cannot seem to find this answer

Hello all. This will be the second time I have ever tried to incubate the first time was a total loss on eggs but I gained some good knowledge about the process. So here I am at day 18 time to stop turning. The question is do I leave eggs in the egg tray? Do I lay them on their side? Or should I put them in an Styrofoam egg carton? All of course while in the incubator. Please help. I cannot seem to find this answer
If you have them in the turner you should take them out, remove the turner. Little legs an get hurt on those turners even when they aren't turning. Now, you can either lay them on their side in the bottom of the bator (on the screen if you are using a styro bator, I cover my screen with rubber shelf liner like you get at the dollar store, but it's not neccessary) or if you prefer you can hatch out in cut down egg cartons. Either way works. If you use cut down egg cartons to hatch upright in, then keep an eye out at the bottoms for malepositioned pips as they are harder to see in cartons. I would use cardboard cartons rather than styro, but I'm not sure if it matters much.

Back
Top Bottom