peking and eggs

Sandykbo

In the Brooder
Apr 24, 2015
Brant, Michigan
We purchased 6 Pekings this spring, tractor supply, about a month ago found one white egg, not with the hens(chickens) eggs, on the floor. we were not sure but thought more were drakes than hens. the drakes kept mounting the other 2, had a very hot day and found one dead when i got home from work in the coop. was pretty sure it was the one laying eggs. the drakes had become very forecful on the only female left. Finally had to butcher 2 drakes, and gave one to my son, only one drake and one female left. They seem to have past the quite stage, some one is gone, they are close but no more eggs. is this normal? some say they will not lay until spring is this right

We purchased 6 Pekings this spring, tractor supply, about a month ago found one white egg, not with the hens(chickens) eggs, on the floor. we were not sure but thought more were drakes than hens. the drakes kept mounting the other 2, had a very hot day and found one dead when i got home from work in the coop. was pretty sure it was the one laying eggs. the drakes had become very forecful on the only female left. Finally had to butcher 2 drakes, and gave one to my son, only one drake and one female left. They seem to have past the quite stage, some one is gone, they are close but no more eggs. is this normal? some say they will not lay until spring is this right

365 day in a year, so they will have down time.

Back
Top Bottom