breeding

donkeydew2farms

Crowing
8 Years
Apr 12, 2014
I step out of the house this morning and my two adult American blues were breeding, Isn,t this the wrong time of year to breed? I really don.t want babies going into the fall. do geese breed like the ducks do the two drakes I have are breeding all the time and I found a home for them , they were driving me nuts. thanks.

I step out of the house this morning and my two adult American blues were breeding, Isn,t this the wrong time of year to breed? I really don.t want babies going into the fall. do geese breed like the ducks do the two drakes I have are breeding all the time and I found a home for them , they were driving me nuts. thanks.
Some breeds especially Chinese will breed and lay eggs in the fall of the year. If she starts lay just take her eggs, she'll start laying again in late winter. My American buff last Sept started mating with my Embden gander she was 5 months old he was 7 yrs old. they mated all the way up into Late November then mating stopped and started back in late Winter like normal. Your the one in control of when they hatch gosling.

How old are your blues?

miss Lydia I got them last December as adults they are from holderread farm. he sells his left overs at the end of the year. so I think maybe little over a year. I havn't notice any nesting behavior. but if they do I will pull the eggs and eat them. I am in the process of building new shelters for them.thanks.

miss Lydia I got them last December as adults they are from holderread farm. he sells his left overs at the end of the year. so I think maybe little over a year. I havn't notice any nesting behavior. but if they do I will pull the eggs and eat them. I am in the process of building new shelters for them.thanks.
Goose eggs are very tasty.

Back
Top Bottom