Help needed ASAP . *Pictures*Severe Leg problem older chick!

WeeNicole

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 5, 2013
Northern Ireland
Hi all in need of some hurried advice. Noticed one of my ayam cemani chicks that are 7 weeks old limping. Saw nothing obvious a bit of poop stuck to its foot so flicked that off thinking that maybe was why.

Next day chick was down, one leg stretched out in front of it the other leg was fine. I thought splay leg and attempted to strap the leg as you would. All went great but it didn't work. Also slipped tendon went through my mind, tried to feel if tendon was out of place and honestly I felt nothing different comparing two legs

The bad leg seems problematic nearer to the hip of this chick if you hold it on your hand between legs to let them dangle it pulls good leg up and in and the bad leg is outstretched. It's as if it's hip is dislocated or something. No breaks (that I can feel) no swelling (apart from today I noticed its good leg hock is a little swole looking.

It's now been a few days no change, chick is happy as parry eating drinking no pain. But I need answers to see if it's fixable at all.

Literally one day he limped the next he was like this :( this breed is very expensive so I'd be gutted to lose another chick got 6 in total, one got squashed by mother hen. Now this wee dude is all messed up.

(Thanks for reply) total guessing game with this chick!

No they are outside in a coop and run with broody hen. On grass, before that they were in shed in a chick coop/run on concrete but filled with shavings

Going to try to bump thread, but you may need to repost in "Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures" section of the forums if you need more help.
Also when you repost, you may want to list if you have been giving vitamins,etc., and if your little one has been vaccinated.
Hope he is doing ok.

Back
Top Bottom