8 laying hens need new home in Bay Area, CA

LAHCHICK

Hatching
Jul 22, 2015
Los Altos Hills, Ca
It is with a heavy heart that the owner of 8 laying hens in Los Altos Hills would like to find them a new home.

They are not very high producing layers- averaging 1-2 eggs a week each- but they are still laying regularly, which is something. They are about 1.5 years old.

(1) Barred Rock
(1) Buff Orpington

(2) Ameraucana
(1) Polish (pretty but possibly not laying much)
(2) Red Star
(1) Barnevelder

They are great gals, but their owner has many things going on that making keeping them much longer something that cannot be maintained.

If you can get them to me I'd be happy to give them a retirement home. They are just the kind of "retired"/special needs animals we take in. They'd be joining a flock of 10 other older hens and a banty rooster. We have a large coop with a main floor and a loft, a couple of acres surrounded by electric fence for them to forage, take dust baths and nap under bushes and two dogs who keep coyotes and raccoons at a respectful distance. I am between Tacoma and Olympia in WA state.

I wish I could help. We are in the process of expanding our henhouse & run. I've got a fenced off yard on 10 acres. But I'm not planning a trip to the Bay Area any time soon to get them.

That all sounds lovely! While I don't think we would be able to get them to you- I will keep your offer in mind in case they can't find someone local to take them.

Back
Top Bottom