Rumpless? And who's the one crowing?! They were guaranteed to be girls!

Exotica

C'est La Vie
Aug 16, 2015
Baldwin Park, California
My Coop
My Coop
Hi everyone!

These chicks I bought from the local feed store and the "rumpless" from a breeder.
The feed store one's were guaranteed to be girls but somebody is crowing..

Please help!!

First off, I bought this Ameraucana from a breeder (or was it Araucana?) and nothing about being rumpless was mentioned until a few days ago
when I notice that it looks really strange compared to my other girls. Then I realized.. no tail feathers! Does this mean it's rumpless? Do you think it's an Ameraucana or Araucana?
I know for sure it is not an Easter Egger as he also sold those in a separate pen.

Here is Akeira:

Next are the two that I think are crowing since the other one's are just way too young! How old are Silkies when they begin to crow?

^ A Silver Laced Wyandotte

^ An Australorp

^ This is an Easter Egger.

^ Another Easter Egger

The rest are just too young! I wonder who is crowing..
My BSL's and BPR are definitely females and are the oldest. These four are the next oldest and the crowing comes from their group!

I'm guessing your cockerel is the Wyandotte, though honestly, none of them look like definite cockerels to me.

Silkies are very difficult to sex before 4-5 mos. of age and sometimes not till they lay or crow. Post new photos when they are older. Are they hatchery birds?

Yes! They are all hatchery birds - besides the Silkies which came from a "breeder." She only has Silkies but lied to me about the colors of all of them to get me to buy more.. Shame.

Guess I'll report back in a few weeks! Thank you so much everyone for your valuable guesses!
hugs.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom