whistling breather

cafrhe

Songster
5 Years
Apr 23, 2014
Western central NJ
I just noticed that one of my meaties is whistling on his out breath. It has been 2-3 days since I identified who it is. He appears fine--good color, good energy and eats well. His color is good, red comb. He is pale around the eyes, but I noticed some of them are red and some are pale. He has no discharge, no cough and no sneezing. He just whistles. Not when he chirps, just when he is laying around. The birds are 7 weeks old tomorrow and big. He is one of the bigger males.

I am just wondering how dumb it is to keep him around until everyone gets processed (sometime this week or by next Monday at 8 weeks). I would really prefer not to have to kill him--I can, but husband normally does the deed and he is out of town this week.

You may at least wish to consider isolating him. To be honest, if they are all for the chop next week, i would not consider doing anything else - its likely to be a respiratory infection from what you have said, and with only a week left to go, it will make little difference if you cull it now or next week.

CT

They are going to the processor on Saturday. He is still healthy looking and acting, but no let up on the noise. I guess there is nothing I can do at this point except process him. I will keep an eye on him and if he starts to look like he is not feeling well, I will take him early.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom