Good hatchery websites to get these breeds?

PerfectPlumage

Chirping
May 2, 2015
Somewhere off with my birds.
I can't find a website were I can order all of these breeds of chickens, I want to be able to order eggs for hatching.
I want:

Seramas
Frizzle Seramas
Sebrights
Booted Bantams
Silkies
Favorolles
Swedish Flower Chickens
Easter Eggers
Black Copper Marans
Golden Laced Wyandottes
Cream Legbars
Frizzles

I am planning on mix-'n-matching all these breeds to hatch. Anyone know a website were I can order all these breeds?

I don't think you're going to find a hatchery that carries all of those. Some, like Swedish flower hens, are rare breeds that I don't think many big hatchery has right now. Crested Cream Legbars I think only Meyer carries out of all the major hatcheries. I also don't think hatcheries really carry seramas at this time.

It seems like most of your list is bantams, so for those I will point you to Ideal. They have the best bantam selection, and they carry all the bantams on your list with the exception of seramas and booted bantams - they do however carry d'uccles, which are very similar to booted bantams. They also carry easter eggers, wyandottes, marans, faverolles, and frizzles.

Meyer carries easter eggers, marans, faverolles, silkies, wyandottes, cream legbars, and Swedish flower hens, but not the other breeds on your list. I think you'll have to order from at least two hatcheries to get everything you want, unless you can find a smaller breeder that has all those breeds.

These are also all live chicks that I'm talking about - as far as eggs, most hatcheries don't sell them. Even if they did, they wouldn't be good quality representatives of their breeds since hatcheries don't breed to the standard. You're better off buying eggs from breeders.

Last edited:
I also think that you are unlikely to find a hatchery that will sell you hatching eggs of your desired breeds. From my experience, when I've looked at hatching eggs from hatcheries, selection is extremely limited, and the eggs cost more than the chicks do.

Back
Top Bottom