Hello

Tina1972

In the Brooder
Oct 5, 2015
SC
I live in SC. I don't have any chickens yet. I decided to research and learn as much as i could before purchasing chicks. My plan is to remodel a small metal shed that i have and build a run onto the back of it. I love this site due to the awesome amount of information.

Welcome..see that brown block up there at the top of the page that says learning center. It should help you out with a lot.
Also, go to your state thread and ask away. :) Enjoy!

Welcome to Back Yard Chickens !
cool.png

From SC too !
Steven

A very warm welcome from Kenya! I hope that you enjoy the site as much as the rest of us!

CT

Welcome to Backyard Chickens. I am thinking metal would be very hot during summer. I sure others coming along with have different opinions. If you join your state thread you could ask what type of coop works best in your climate and what breeds can handle the heat & humidity. Chickens tolerate cold much better than heat.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. X2 on Cynthia12; if you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is loads of useful information there. Also drumstick diva has made a very good point; if you decide to use a metal shed for a coop, make sure that the coop is well shaded and that it has very good ventilation as metal will get awful hot under the summer sun. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom