What did you have for Dinner/Supper?

chicken4prez

Free Ranging
6 Years
Jun 14, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Hi guys! In reply to the What did you have for Breakfast thread I was thinking we could to a what did you eat for dinner/supper. For example I had last night Bean Salad, Chicken
wink.png
and Noodles.

-@chicken4prez

Last edited:
Hi @chicken4prez !
frow.gif

Last night DH made Cuban sandwiches for dinner, my favorite sandwich of all! It's made up of roast pork, sliced ham, swiss cheese, dill pickle, mustard/mayo dressing and put on a long hoagie-type bun (should be Cuban bread but didn't have any), then he pressed them until toasty. Delicious!

Hi @chicken4prez !
frow.gif

Last night DH made Cuban sandwiches for dinner, my favorite sandwich of all! It's made up of roast pork, sliced ham, swiss cheese, dill pickle, mustard/mayo dressing and put on a long hoagie-type bun (should be Cuban bread but didn't have any), then he pressed them until toasty. Delicious!

Baked chicken breast marinated in my 'rotisserie' style marinade, white rice with butter and/or sweet potatoes with butter and brown sugar and steamed cauliflower with homemade cheese sauce...
Sounds good both of you!

We got a pasta maker. Oh my goodness, life changes with a pasta maker.

We had our "to die for" alfredo again - this time with our own, homemade pasta. Life. Is. Good.

Had some potato fennel soup along with it, which is thus:
5 medium-small potatoes
1 fennel bulb
6 tbsp butter
1 carrot
3 cups (soy) milk
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp honey
dash of cinnamon
liberal dash of nutmeg
Italian seasoning (basil, oregano, rosemary)
salt and pepper to taste

Chop vegetables into half-inch chunks.
Sautee in butter until all of the butter is melted.
Add half cup of water, simmer for 1/2 hour or until potatoes are tender.
Remove from heat. Add milk, blend everything with immersion blender.
Add all seasonings to taste. Adjust seasonings as needed.

Partner came up with this. We'd been thinking of doing potato leek soup, but didn't have the leek. And thus this recipe was born.

Back
Top Bottom