What will my jg rooster/light Brahma chicks look like?

phairbirds

Hatching
Nov 16, 2015
Bartlett nh
We are thinking about incubating some eggs in early spring and wanted to know what the chicks might grow up to look like. We have 6 jg hens 1 jg rooster. 2 light brahmas, 2 golden lace, 1 silver lace, and 3 EEs. My son wants to breed the giants for 4h. But I was thinking of raising some mixes for fun/freezer meat/eggs. Anyone have pictures of grown birds so I have an idea what to except?

Hello!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. Wow, it sounds like you have a wonderful variety of chickens. I just have sex links and silkies. Not much help in that department. Good luck with your endeavors though.

Jersey Giants are extended black, which is a very strong dominant gene. Most of his chicks will be solid black. The brahma hens should pass their feathered legs to their chicks. Both rose combs (Wyandottes) and pea combs (Easter Eggers and Brahmas) are dominant over the single comb of the Giant. If your Easter Eggers have muffs, those will likely pass to their chicks as they are dominant as well.

welcome-byc.gif

It looks like junebuggena has answered your question so I'll just say hello and it's nice to have you here!

Hi we have 35 eggs in the bator due to hatch this weekend. Can't wait to see what we get. I will post pics. My niece is excited to see her peeps :) hatching is a big event for us.

Back
Top Bottom