MIdget White turkeys

maplebendfarmmn

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 24, 2014
I am seriously looking at getting into Midget White turkeys and looking to find a breeder. I really don't want to order from a hatchery. We are in Northern Minnesota. Anyone know anyone breeding these guys? Any help would be appreciated.

The Minnesota folks have a really active thread....post there....someone may know of a source close to where you live. We've had a few of them post over in the Turkey Thread and they are a good bunch....go introduce yourself! :)

Not stupid at all !!

Go to the main Forum page. Scroll down to the "Where am I, Where are You" thread. Hit it and scroll down till you find the Minnesota page.

Hope this makes sense.....

Did you find them?
Nope, nothing yet. I am thinking of having hatching eggs shipped in the spring. Not too keen on the idea though. I've never incubated so much as a chicken egg. Little worried about spending the money on shipping eggs only to screw things up and have nothing hatch. Will be doing a little more research.

I use my broody bantams to hatch all my turkey eggs, after they hatch I pull them and brood them, I've had good luck doing it like this, the chickens know what they are doing.

I saw that "Ladycat" offered Midget White eggs this past spring. Maybe she'll have some this coming spring. She's in Texas.

Back
Top Bottom