Getting ready to start.

tmarr

Chirping
Jul 15, 2015
Gulp, well my incubator has arrived and I've started collecting the eggs. I've set them pointy end down and am turning them, got my x and o's on lol! This probably sounds stupid but I had a quick look at the incubator and I had assumed it would record the humidity as well as the temperature? Maybe it will become clear when it's on etc but if not I take it they can be bought and put in with the eggs?

you always want more then one (and preferably 3) thermometers and hygrometers for reference. also run your incubator for at least 24 hrs AFTER you've got it to a stabilized temp/humidity before adding eggs.

you always want more then one (and preferably 3) thermometers and hygrometers for reference.   also run your incubator for at least 24 hrs AFTER you've got it to a stabilized temp/humidity before adding eggs.

Ok that's great thanks I've ordered some! :)

Ok that's great thanks I've ordered some!
smile.png
You're welcome, good luck with the hatch!!
jumpy.gif

Also, it's important to calibrate thermometers and hygrometer.... no matter where you get them, and no matter how much they cost! Check your bator for high/low temp spots, even if it has a fan. And, before you even plug it in, I recommend that you read ALL of Hatching Eggs 101 in the learning center. It will answer questions you didn't even know you had, and help insure a successful hatch.

Oh brilliant thanks will do. Have switched it on, put the water in, set temp to 37.5 Celsius/ 99.5 F. It's all over the show lol going to take a few days to figure it out!

Hmmm wishing I'd got a more expensive model. There's a circular track around the bottom which I assume is for the water, there is a grid covering the electrics in the middle bit. Wonder would I be better putting kitchen paper in it?

Back
Top Bottom