Cinnamon or Golden Pearl? Wild type?

brandiskip

In the Brooder
Aug 15, 2015
I am completely obsessed and in LOVE with my little button quail. I'm constantly studying and reading about all the different colors and mutations. I can't distinguish between the male golden pearl, cinnamon or wild type. I would love to know what category this little guy falls in to. Please help?
[/IMG][/IMG]

Well.. Not wild type, but that is the only kind I have. With so much red on him, he is a red breasted but I can't say whether he is cinnamon or golden pearl..

Well.. Not wild type, but that is the only kind I have. With so much red on him, he is a red breasted but I can't say whether he is cinnamon or golden pearl..

Thanks for the feedback. From what I've read, the golden pearl can be a lethal gene when paired with another golden pearl. That's the main reason I'd like to know more about him. That is the only male and female I've purchased so I don't know their parents.

I think golden pearl males are supposed to have a light spot above their beak. And looking at your pics, I don't think your roo has that spot. But I don't know.. I also read about the lethal thing, I guess that's true. But it's only going to affect 25% of the chicks, so it's not like you absolutely can't pair two golden pearls - you'll just get a lower hatch rate or possibly a few chicks that die quickly (I believe I read most of the double factor golden pearls never hatch).

Thanks again. I am completely new to this breeding thing. I've hatched 3 seperate rounds of buttons and so far I've gotten a variety of colors but I would like to have a little more knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom