Ameraucana or Easter Egger?

madcar

In the Brooder
Jul 19, 2015
Canada
Is this a pullet or a cockerel?oh and this bird 13 weeks old

It's a cockerel.

He could be pure Ameraucana, but does he have feathers on his legs? that would indicate mixed blood. If he has white skin under those dark legs (check the bottoms of the feet, it's the best place to see true skin color) he's an Ameraucana.

Then it's a mixed breed. My first though is someone's Olive Egger project. The Marans for the dark egg gene often have feathered legs, and the beard/muffs/pea comb come from an Ameraucana parent. Of course, since he's not laying eggs, it's kind of hypothetical.

Then it's a mixed breed. My first though is someone's Olive Egger project. The Marans for the dark egg gene often have feathered legs, and the beard/muffs/pea comb come from an Ameraucana parent. Of course, since he's not laying eggs, it's kind of hypothetical.

I agree with donrae.

This Pullet is from the same brood. I believe you are right about Olive Egger project. He told me they were Ameraucanas but when they started to grow I didn't think so. I looked back at the add and it said Americaunas spelt with an I. So then I just figured Easter Eggers. Someone today told me Olive Egger. He did have Marans and Pure Ameraucanas.

This Pullet is from the same brood. I believe you are right about Olive Egger project. He told me they were Ameraucanas but when they started to grow I didn't think so. I looked back at the add and it said Americaunas spelt with an I. So then I just figured Easter Eggers. Someone today told me Olive Egger. He did have Marans and Pure Ameraucanas.

I'd put her at a splash Marans, I'm not sure she's mixed. She's got that pretty pure white shanks and skin, straight comb, no beard or muffs that I can see. I wouldn't be surprised if you get a nice dark brown egg from her. She's quite a looker, too
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom