Video of trained chickens.

OMG I love it! I don't have time to train chickens and I'd rather let them free range to find their food, but it's still fun to see their potential documented. A few in my flock are super smart!

I spend a bit of time I have training my dogs, and my lovely beautiful cat is just unattainable despite his intelligence, or shall I say hes just defiant and wants to be bad boy.

Yes, it's quite amazing! And I've been priding myself that they all know their names. I need to step it up!!

I want a shirt like the guy has: "My chicken is smarter than your dog", haha!

I used to be cynical about how STUPID chickens were because of my family's attitude toward the birds....but when I moved to a rural area allowing chickens (and got a fair few,) I realized how wrong I was in my younger years.

My favorite bird, Roopert truly likes me, and I'd even call it love. Before I fixed the height of the gate in one area of their pen (it had wood on the top and was only four feet,) Roopert would jump the fence...come to the back door, peck at it, and wait for me to come outside to hold him.

He knows his name, "defends" me from other birds (gets jealous if I try to pet anyone else,) and is wonderful with my kids. I know he's a rooster and am always cautious...but have never had to really worry about him acting aggressive.

Thanks for sharing the video...very insightful.

Last edited:
I hand fed my chickens as a kid while growing up, and they followed me around all the time. I dug up worms, crickets, and other treats for them. I spent my allowance buying chicken treats! They didn't follow anyone else around in my family and were very wary of strangers so I knew they were much smarter than people give credit for.

I hand fed my chickens as a kid while growing up, and they followed me around all the time. I dug up worms, crickets, and other treats for them. I spent my allowance buying chicken treats! They didn't follow anyone else around in my family and were very wary of strangers so I knew they were much smarter than people give credit for.

I have 4 other family members, plus my Mom and Dad when they come to visit. I am the only one my chickens follow around. They know my car too! They are pretty smart when it comes right down to it.

I have to get on to watch the video but i wouldnt be surpirised Adella my deleware a pain lol she too smart she firgured out to look through the windows to see me and knows my car and how to get inside the house she follows my 2year old and me around if she see us through the window she trys to come in to get to us. She a charactor she even is pain some times because when i clean the yard she goes through the junk i just picked up and likes to throw it all over again. She likes keeping me outside since she not allowed inside. She wont let us pet or hold any other hen with out them being punished for it. She a ham!

I have to get on to watch the video but i wouldnt be surpirised Adella my deleware a pain lol she too smart she firgured out to look through the windows to see me and knows my car and how to get inside the house she follows my 2year old and me around if she see us through the window she trys to come in to get to us. She a charactor she even is pain some times because when i clean the yard she goes through the junk i just picked up and likes to throw it all over again. She likes keeping me outside since she not allowed inside. She wont let us pet or hold any other hen with out them being punished for it. She a ham!
That's really funny! Adella has you figured out. :)

My Rose is a pain too but I love her. She's the only one brave enough to hop up all the stairs to the top of the deck (2nd story) and stare at the dog who is afraid of getting in trouble. When the dog comes in looking pathetic, I know Rose is helping herself to dogfood. Reminds me of Adella!

Back
Top Bottom