HELP Grieving duck

duck-horselover

Chirping
Jul 17, 2015
My duck died yesterday (he was strangled by a python and cookies (the other duck) was stuck in the cage with the dead duck and the python and cookies is acting weird and doesn't want to walk any more when usually she's all for it. I am going to get another duck soon but until then what can i do??
sad.png

Update: He doesn't want to go to his creek either and only wants to go near the place were we had to bury the duck.

Until you can get Cookies another friend, make sure where they are is safe from predators, snakes included, and spend as much time with her as you can.
How old is Cookies - if she is young, a stuffed animal and mirror might help out until you can get a friend.

He is about two months old and we moved him to a very protected place. Thanks for your ideas i will try them.
Thanks

Yes her new buddy is a Drake she loves him but he is very shy he won't let me touch him he is 6 month old though so do you now if i might be able to trains him? The female (cookies) is still a bit sad but she is a lot happier then before when she was alone.
Thanks

Yes her new buddy is a Drake she loves him but he is very shy he won't let me touch him he is 6 month old though so do you now if i might be able to trains him? The female (cookies) is still a bit sad but she is a lot happier then before when she was alone.
Thanks
best way to win a ducks affection is to take it very slow and lots of good yummy treats.. If it's warm where you are sit out with them try to get as close to their level as you can [can you imagine how huge we look to them] Mine love dried meal worms and will eat them out of my hand but you'll probably have to start by tossing some to him then work your way up to letting him eat out of your hand. It will take time but it can be done. Main thing is your little one has a buddy again.. So protect them and watch for sakes and everything else that likes to eat duck. @duck-horselover what part of the world are you in.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom