How is Chase Hatchery?

After viewing their website, it looks like they might get their birds from Meyer Hatchery. A lot of their photos are the same images from the Meyer website. And Meyer offers the same breeds for less.

Don't go to Chase Hatchery. The place is full of filth and disease. After the year of death I had last year thanks to her chickens I almost gave up on owning chickens. She sells straight run chicks as Sexed, some end up being mixed breeds, and be prepared to deal with illness and death. It's sad because the stock is good but it's not worth it.

I was quite impressed with the website and the variety of poultry chase hatchery had to offer. Though the website was very impressive and professional, the location and construct set up for picking up purchases was rather poor. The person operating this service, conducts business from her home, which is understandable as avian chics are very needy and it’s a full time job. I purchased bronze breasted turkey chics last year and she did not have them available on the date she posted on the website and the return email. I also called to confirm the order prior to pick up and when I arrived she did not have the bronze breasted turkeys. She offered another pick up date for the bronze but I did not want to make the long drive again, so I settled for the heritage breed, which she charged me extra for because it was a special breed. I purchased bronze breasted turkey’s this year and cochin hens, but she was unable to have the cochin hens and turkeys available on the same date for pick up. I picked up the turkeys on the scheduled date. I had to leave work early in order to pick them up and then they both died within 2 days. I purchased the same breed a week later from Cal-Ranch, which were $3.00 cheaper with no changes to their containment and they survived with no issues. I made arrangements to get replacement turkeys and pick up the cochin hens at same time but a miscommunication lead to me driving all the way out there with no one able to provide service because she was not home and she did not answer her phone. On multiple occasions I dealt with her not answering her phone several times and I left messages which were not returned until several days later. The combination of travel distance, unhealthy birds, and overall inconvenience in purchase pick up lead me to request a refund. When I requested a refund she was argumentative and continued to impose chasehatchery order pick up guidelines and regulations stated on their website. In my opinion its much more convenient and cheaper to purchase poultry from a local store that often sells poultry than to purchase from chase hatchery. I would not recommend chase hatchery for anyone who works a full time job away from home. In fact I would pay extra for the convenience of delivery of these birds. I found several web sites where you can purchase birds online and have them delivered and the price is not much higher than chase hatchery.

I was quite impressed with the website and the variety of poultry chase hatchery had to offer. Though the website was very impressive and professional, the location and construct set up for picking up purchases was rather poor. The person operating this service, conducts business from her home, which is understandable as avian chics are very needy and it’s a full time job. I purchased bronze breasted turkey chics last year and she did not have them available on the date she posted on the website and the return email. I also called to confirm the order prior to pick up and when I arrived she did not have the bronze breasted turkeys. She offered another pick up date for the bronze but I did not want to make the long drive again, so I settled for the heritage breed, which she charged me extra for because it was a special breed. I purchased bronze breasted turkey’s this year and cochin hens, but she was unable to have the cochin hens and turkeys available on the same date for pick up. I picked up the turkeys on the scheduled date. I had to leave work early in order to pick them up and then they both died within 2 days. I purchased the same breed a week later from Cal-Ranch, which were $3.00 cheaper with no changes to their containment and they survived with no issues. I made arrangements to get replacement turkeys and pick up the cochin hens at same time but a miscommunication lead to me driving all the way out there with no one able to provide service because she was not home and she did not answer her phone. On multiple occasions I dealt with her not answering her phone several times and I left messages which were not returned until several days later. The combination of travel distance, unhealthy birds, and overall inconvenience in purchase pick up lead me to request a refund. When I requested a refund she was argumentative and continued to impose chasehatchery order pick up guidelines and regulations stated on their website. In my opinion its much more convenient and cheaper to purchase poultry from a local store that often sells poultry than to purchase from chase hatchery. I would not recommend chase hatchery for anyone who works a full time job away from home. In fact I would pay extra for the convenience of delivery of these birds.

We appreciate those interested in getting chick's from us. I do want to respond to the posts on here just to give a fair response. This started as a hobby, incubating in a small table top incubator with a neighbors fertile eggs as hatch projects back from 2012. Our first couple years we did sex them ourselves because we was just that small and only doing a couple batches, however we also offered a replacement if you got a roo. We now have and have for a couple years a professional vent sex them which is 90% guaranteed, standard for any hatchery. We didn't ever expect it to grow into more than hatching out a couple batches as a hobby. We definitely learned a lot on how to do things better, be cleaner, biosecurity procedures, and getting our eggs from a cleaner source. New for 2016 sesson, we've built a new barn and only get eggs from NPIP certified sources to guarantee the health. Like some of the posts said there's no way to say any sickness came from us. We don't vaccinate our chick's and we make that known so even a bird flying over head could drop who knows what in your yard and your chicken could catch something but it's better than feeding vaccinated chicken eggs to your family, kinda defeats the whole purpose of doing them yourself.

In response to the customer with the miscommunication on picking up turkeys, the customer called a couple days after pickup date to schedule a time to get his turkeys, our site clearly states all poultry needs to be picked up within 24 hours of the date they select to pick up the chicks. I went out of my way to make myself available for him to pick up his chicks on a Sunday which I really don't like to do because it's Sunday and I spend that day with my family. I arranged my day to be available at the time he asked. He didn't show up nor did he call so I left to have lunch with family. He called about an hour later then showed up which I didn't have my phone by me so I missed his call. He insisted I refund him his money because I wasn't available. I let him know I was available and went out of my way to be. The reason we state the pick up policy online is because I want to be available and am available those days but when I'm called last minute to be available on a Sunday things like this happen. I did however refund his money. As far as the turkeys dying, he called me when the one died and said the other one was shivering, I asked if he had a thermometer to see where the temperature was at and sure enough the brooder was too cold. He adjusted his temperature and told me the other one lived and after added more from another store which great sounds like he got the temperature thing straightened out.

We've sold thousands of chicks to hundreds of people. We truly do what we can, learn from our mistakes and even help others know how to do it better. We appreciate feedback because we do care. We've gotten really good feedback this year and am excited for the growth. Please feel free to send any comments to me at [email protected]. Thank you!

PS - We really appreciate our supporting customers and those choosing to buy local and support a local business.

Okay okay for all you people who read reviews with out first taking a look yourself you should know that everything you read could be total lies from a unhappy spoiled rotten person. Yes we know those people exist. Let's not live in la la land. Does any business have ups and downs especially when first starting out. Happy people don't usually post. They continue on their way living their life with their new chickens. Let's be smart people. Okay now with this said lets listen to a happy customer for once. I went to chase hatchery and loved it. The animals are well taken care of by her and her darling older daughters. It is a very cute at home hatchery. She has built my chicken flock with the coolest breeds I could not for the life of me find anywhere else. They are all happy and healthy chicks. She orders from a very very good site to get better quality healthy chicks. I am 100% impressed and fell in love with chickens !! I now have 20 !! I love them all so much. They are all great temperments and great breeds. And all healthy and doing great !! I have read so much on chickens and chicken breeds this past year and her selection is the best by far !! !! She knows her breeds and loves her chickens !! I have a very nice healthy cute flock and I have called her several times on different occasions for questions about my new baby chicks I bought, to planning to get more. She always gets back to me. She is a busy mom and small business owner and I think the care she showed me was amazing !! She texted me when she was somewhere loud and could not talk. I think that's going above and beyond for her clients as a small growing business owner. I'm sure she's very very busy this time of year. I am truly greatful she runs her hatchery and I was able to get the birds and breeds I love !! !! She is awesome about trading roosters. And keeping up her stock of birds. I had a wonderful experience and I'm sorry to anyone who has bad experiences with business, but the main frustration I have seen from angry customers is the ones who don't have the time to go pick up when they are supposed to. Or maybe they don't watch their flock the way I watch mine. I watch them like they could die any second. I also picked my birds up on time tho. And nothing would have made me miss my rare chicken baby. And many people seem to not understand how fast these babies sell this time of year. If you want them, be there when your supposed to. Simple as that. These are live chicks that can't sit waiting for you. That makes zero sense from a business stand point also. If that's the life your going to give your animal maybe you should consider a mouse. Sincerely a happy customer from chase hatchery I give them five stars. If you have any doubts about what you might find there. Do your own investigating !! Don't take someone's word for it. If I would have done that I would not have the amazing flock I have today !!

Are you kidding me. Watching your beautiful, happy and seemingly healthy flock die horrible deaths with Marek's (and one customer having a confirmed case after having her bird tested after losing her flock) symptoms is not due to people being spoiled and nasty. It's heartbreaking. Marek's isn't funny.

Tho, I agre with Luvpolish (whom I suspect is Chase Hatchery), don't take my word for it. I'd check it out for yourself. Tho, wait until later in the season when their facility isn't new. See if this year she actually keeps it clean and not the filthy conditions of years past.

Back
Top Bottom