Frisco, Texas

BaileyCody25

Hatching
Jan 18, 2016
I really want to raise chickens (RIR) I want to raise a chicken for eggs but I don't know if I can in frisco Texas they don't make it very clear to me. If I do get a chicken, I want one that lays eggs about 4-5 times a day and that's quiet. Like very quiet.

Not being unreasonable at all, I would like on laying eggs 4-5 times a day. ;-)
So you can keep Chikens anywhere pretty much. You would need a good secure coop and a run and a nesting box or basket with hay or straw in it.

I don't have a run becose mine are completely free range.

Make sure you keep a few, so they will have company, I always keep mine in odd numbers.

They need food,- corn, seeds, any ready mix food, grit, weather

There are a lots of quiet breed out there and some breeds lay eggs more than others, some of them hardy some of them not.

Have a browse of the photos and see what breed you like and what breed is the best to keep in your client.

Not being unreasonable at all, I would like on laying eggs 4-5 times a day. ;-)
So you can keep Chikens anywhere pretty much. You would need a good secure coop and a run and a nesting box or basket with hay or straw in it.

I don't have a run becose mine are completely free range.

Make sure you keep a few, so they will have company, I always keep mine in odd numbers.

They need food,- corn, seeds, any ready mix food, grit, weather

There are a lots of quiet breed out there and some breeds lay eggs more than others, some of them hardy some of them not.

Have a browse of the photos and see what breed you like and what breed is the best to keep in your client.
Would you happen to have Orpingtons?

Frisco allows chickens(up to 12 if i recall correctly), but you will need to check your homeowners association (if you have one of course). many Frisco subdivisions have covenants against owning them. Plano is the only municipality in this area that is totally anti-chicken. I live in Frisco also.

Frisco allows chickens(up to 12 if i recall correctly), but you will need to check your homeowners association (if you have one of course).  many Frisco subdivisions have covenants against owning them.  Plano is the only municipality in this area that is totally anti-chicken.  I live in Frisco also.
And your hoa was fine with chickens?

Yes I do have opringtons, and lots of other breed as well, I will try to post a video of them. When I work it out how to! ;-) [/VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Back
Top Bottom