Sexing chicks

twarden

Hatching
Jan 21, 2016
I have four cream legbar/black copper marans. They are about 2 weeks old. Can anyone help with trying to sex them? Thanks

[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

I have four cream legbar/black copper marans. They are about 2 weeks old. Can anyone help with trying to sex them? Thanks

[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Welcome to BYC! Those are on the young side to try and sex them by their combs. If you can get a picture of the wing stretched out. I know some people doubt the method I use but it has never failed me.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Your chicks are too young to sex with certainty of accuracy at this point. I would suggest re-posting their pics in about 5-6 weeks on our What Breed or Gender is This? section in Chicken Breeds under the forum at the top of the page and letting our experts there take a look at them. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Last edited:
Hello!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. What adorable chicks! But I agree, a little too young to tell for sure.
1f609.png

Please wait till they are 6-8 weeks old. If you are in a hurry to sex them and sell them, you could be very wrong this early

@Birdrain92 Could you let us know what you look for when sexing chicks by their wings? We are in the "city" and can not have roosters and most the people in my area who are selling chicks sell them unsexed so I'd like to know as much as I can in trying to determine what they are as best I can before bringing them home, falling in love and then finding I can't keep them if they're roos!

Thanks so much

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom