Valentines Day Hatch-A-Long 2016

junebuggena

Crowing
Apr 17, 2015
Long Beach, WA
My girls are finally getting back to laying. That means it's time for me to fire up my incubator. I'm setting a half-dozen Easter Egger eggs and a half-dozen black sexlink eggs on the 23rd.
Anyone else care to join?

I think my polish might have laid it's first egg today. First for two months I think. They stopped when the summer weather got crazy and one of them got broody. Polish don't go broody ? nonsense. They wait until you put the eggs into the incubator, then they go broody. Lost ALL of the fertile eggs in the incubator though, I put in extra eggs when the others were underway. The thermostat compensated by making all the other eggs too hot. Silly me. Will do better.

I just have to build up more than 1 egg. I wonder if watching her helps ? Hmm, it's night at the moment so I think I'll wait till tomorrow. Hope there are more eggs.

If I had an early hatch,I could have a valentines hatch, otherwise I will be setting my eggs on Monday as that's when I will be picking them up! I don't know exact number of eggs yet,hopefully a dozen,but will have mosty buff orp light brahma mixes and some easter egger orp mixes.

We got our eggs in about 7 pm last nite. All good so far. So by the 14th they all should be hatched. It wasn't a good couple weeks to collect eggs for incubater. Oh well see what hatches. Good luck everyone.

Eggs were set today

Back
Top Bottom