Anyone in WV???

Pics

wvtoliver

In the Brooder
12 Years
Jul 10, 2007
West Virginia
Haven't been on here in a very long time but was wondering if there are any other WV folks here. I live between Huntington and Charleston WV. Close to the KY< OH area.

Looking for other chicken folks to chat with. I am now down to 5 chickens. Thanks to various varmits on our farm--- that we know of- 3 bobcats which were eliminated last summer. (one was in the chicken house when found) scared the husband pretty bad. lots of raccoons, possums, and 1 coyote (that was also eliminated) came out about 20 yards from the front door. Boy they are scary looking animals. I had an original flock of 42 and had kept adding on. Even building another coop and run just for silkies. (had about 26 silkies that disappeared due to predators, they only left a few feathers. Still not sure how or what got them.

Now since we are down to 5 my husband has asked that I not get anymore until I finish Nursing school in 2008. So I guess the spring of 2009 I will add to my 5 little hens.

Look forward to getting to chat with the folks on this board. I have learned alot on here. And read some great info and stories.

I even got eggs last years from KY silkies that hatched out some of the most beautiful birds. I think I got 18 chicks out of 22 eggs.
That was thanks to this board.

Tracy in WV

Hi! I'm in Buckhannon. Sorry about all of your losses...but we can relate. We seem to be playing "defense" every day when it comes to fox, coyote, hawks, etc. So far, we have been on the winning team.
big_smile.png
Our flock of 45 consists of Buff Orp., Blk. 'Lorps, EE'ers, RRI, Barred Rock, White Rock, Minorcas, Wh. Leghorns, and several X's that we hatched. Have had chickens for over a year. Had heard that they were "addictive" but never could have believed to what extent! Even my DH is wanting more!
smile.png

I am not from WV but my husband was born and raised in a small town called Roderfield. Not much to see, one gas station, one grocery store, one fast food joint, ect. I visited there once. It is a beautiful place to visit but sorry I would not want to live there. (that town anyway, mabey a different town).
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom