McMurray order of Red Stars and Whiting True Blues

alaskaleaths

Chirping
5 Years
Nov 9, 2015
Hey everyone. I'm attaching photos of my new Whitings for everyone to see.

I recieved my order from Murray McMurray yesterday morning. I originally ordered 25 Red Stars only and then while looking around a few weeks before shipment I noticed they had 12 Whiting True Blues available for my ship date. So I called and added 6 pullets then the next day I called and added a male. Of course I got the free exotic chick too. Now my problem is that I lost 3 Red Stars in shipping and another solid yellow chick that was larger than the rest. There is very little info on the Whitings but I have seen that they come in all colors. I wonder if the yellow chick that died was my Whiting male or female or the free exotic since it was so large.

The black and grey chicks have yellow on their underside.

If anyone sees anything familiar in these that could be the free exotic I'm all ears.
thumbsup.gif

I forgot to say if anyone has any questions or wants to see a different photo I'll go snap more pics.

I know how you feel. Our hatch date is April 11!! God bless it. I'm wishing I could get them sooner but I only ordered 5 so for their safety I HAVE to wait until April. The babies I've seen here are so adorable! I just PRAYERS all mine make the trip healthy and ALIVE!!Oh, I'm so excited I can hardly wait! what kind are you getting In April Follys Place? How many? are they being shipped?? I'm getting five Barred Rock females, shipped. it can't come fast enough for me!I even cleaned the broader today, checked the heat lamp, made a list of what I'll need before they get here!!

I'm very interested in seeing how the Whitings turn out(especially the little blue one)... It does look like you possibly still have all 7 that you ordered.. I'm curious which one is going to be the male? I'll put dibs on the one with the black spots on its behind ;)

The yellow chick was most likely your "free exotic" aka cockerel. Might have been a Red Star cockerel, or any number of other breeds that start out yellow, there's quite a few. I'm so sorry you lost them during shipping; such a bummer :(

The red stars are a great choice for layers; you should be happy with their laying capabilities; they lay such nice big eggs :)

Last edited:
I'm very interested in seeing how the Whitings turn out(especially the little blue one)... It does look like you possibly still have all 7 that you ordered.. I'm curious which one is going to be the male? I'll put dibs on the one with the black spots on its behind
wink.png

The yellow chick was most likely your "free exotic" aka cockerel. Might have been a Red Star cockerel, or any number of other breeds that start out yellow, there's quite a few. I'm so sorry you lost them during shipping; such a bummer
sad.png

The red stars are a great choice for layers; you should be happy with their laying capabilities; they lay such nice big eggs
smile.png
Oh I'm really happy with your predictions!! I thought Red Star Cockerels are white? Anyway, I'm so excited for them to grow up and give me eggs!! The white one with the black spots is the most feathered so far. Once the rooster start developing better I'll post other photos just to confirm they aren't something else.
wink.png

I have had red stars before. I ordered the brown egg layer special from Mcmurray a few years back and it came with 6 Red Stars and they were the best layers, 'why I ordered so many because I mostly wanted lots of eggs.

Back
Top Bottom