How can you tell the difference between adult sebastopol geese?

DRaeMc

In the Brooder
Apr 9, 2015
La Grange, KY
Someone local is selling grown out 2 year old Sebastopol Geese pairs. I am not experienced with geese, but was wondering how I would know they are actual pairs other than waiting for eggs or seeing them mate. The person that is selling them said that they don't know the difference either and was told they bought two pairs of them.

Someone local is selling grown out 2 year old Sebastopol Geese pairs. I am not experienced with geese, but was wondering how I would know they are actual pairs other than waiting for eggs or seeing them mate. The person that is selling them said that they don't know the difference either and was told they bought two pairs of them.

If you can go and observe it might be pretty obvious this time of year breeding season is starting up my females still act normal but the ganders are alert head up in the air or ready to bite anything that comes around head down ready to go at anyone that gets too close to one of their females.

Lets see if we can get @Cottage Rose attention she has Sebbies

If you can go and observe it might be pretty obvious this time of year breeding season is starting up my females still act normal but the ganders are alert head up in the air or ready to bite anything that comes around head down ready to go at anyone that gets too close to one of their females.

Lets see if we can get @Cottage Rose attention she has Sebbies
Really no way for inexperienced folks to be able to tell the difference. Maybe they could enlist the help of a friend who knows how to vent sex??

I think I'll have to get sexed gosling pairs and band then. With the person selling them not able to tell the difference either my luck is I'd end up with all ganders.

Back
Top Bottom