Black Copper Marans - boy or girl??

meringues

Hatching
Feb 1, 2016
Canberra, Australia
Hi all, I'm new here! I bought this young chook as a 3 week old girl. 'She' is now 11wks and looking a bit like a boy - decent comb and wattles, long legs and upright stature, and red and greenish feathers appearing on the back. What do you think?? Thanks!
[/IMG]

Ok, thanks
1f62c.png
. Darn - I was looking forward to some lovely brown eggs! I have an araucana girl, so might see if I can breed an olive ever before I try to find a new home for him!

Before I give up all hope, is there any chance it could be a hen of a different breed (black sex link?) or a poorly coloured BCM?? Or does the look of the comb mean it's definitely a BCM cockerel? The people I got it from we're pretty certain it was a girl, even when I sent them a photo a couple of weeks ago. Here's a couple more pics.
[/IMG]I'll wait a few more weeks before I find him a new home anyway. Just in case!

welcome-byc.gif

At 12 weeks, that's way too much comb and red color in the comb for a pullet of any breed. Plus, Red Patches of Death on the wings are an exclusive male trait. Sorry.

Where are you located? Putting your location in may help find a home for him.

Back
Top Bottom