styrofoam incubator

AnnikaLF

Chirping
Sep 23, 2015
Orlando Fl
what has your success rate been hatching with a styrofoam incubator? Ive got 3 Japanese Bantams in mine they seem to be doing good all developing well I turn them 3 times a day the temp is staying at 99.5 and the humidity is between 50% to 55%. Is there anything i should be doing different?
fl.gif

What day are you on? Your humidity seems a little high to me. Have you compared your air cells to the diagrams on this site for days 7 and 14? I usually run mine at about 35% until lockdown. Then I raise it to 75%.

Hatch rates with styro bators can be great. I use one. I have a Hova Bator 1588 Genesis and my hatch rates run in the 90%s.

Good luck!!

I have checked them they are growing a judge at a show we were at told me to set it the humidity at that level. Thank you i hope they hatch
cool.png

Last edited:

Humidity settings are a starting point. Your best tell if your humidity is either too high or too low is based on where your air cells are on day 7, 14, and lockdown. If you go by this you will know with certainty if you need to raise or lower it.

looks like they are doing great they look like day 7 and today is day 7.The humidity has gone down to 46 is that ok? Or will it cause problems?

Last edited:
I lowered the humidity to 45-50% but the chicks seem to be doing great. Kind of nervous because the very first time an egg quit right about this time day 9 and 10. We have 2 more that are on days 8 and 7 so i have the hopes that all 3 make it. If anyone has advice im open to it. The air cells look GREAT !!!! I went ahead and candled the eggs tonight and they are all very active :- ) so fingers crossed
fl.gif
not candling them until day 14 is going to be HARD .

If it is still air temp should be 102, or just expect them to hatch maybe a day later...if hatch day they did not hatch and there is excess water then it was temp. Have a great hatch!

Back
Top Bottom