Does Coccidiosis cause Weird/drunk walking in chickens?

SCOUT123

Songster
5 Years
Apr 25, 2014
San Jose, CA
Hello,
I have a 6/7 week old RIR chick that has been walking weirdly since yesterday. It's as if she forgot how to walk or something. She eats and drinks fine, and I have been giving her St. John's Wort and Turmeric in case it's Marek's (One of my quails had marek's, i treated her with this and she's very healthy today)
I have also been seeing orangish-reddish poops in the brooder. I have seen this ever since I brought them home when they were about 1-2 weeks old, so I treated them with a milk flush. Now the orangish reddish poops are returning again.

Does this sound like Marek's, or coccidiosis?
Thanks.

Hello,
I have a 6/7 week old RIR chick that has been walking weirdly since yesterday. It's as if she forgot how to walk or something. She eats and drinks fine, and I have been giving her St. John's Wort and Turmeric in case it's Marek's (One of my quails had marek's, i treated her with this and she's very healthy today)
I have also been seeing orangish-reddish poops in the brooder. I have seen this ever since I brought them home when they were about 1-2 weeks old, so I treated them with a milk flush. Now the orangish reddish poops are returning again.

Does this sound like Marek's, or coccidiosis?
Thanks.
Coccidiosis can cause this wobbly walk. Probably a good idea to treat with Corid.

-Kathy

Okay, thanks! I'll be going to my feed store to see if they have any.
Will Corid be harmful if used in conjunction with SJW, though?

and you aren't bothering me.
big_smile.png

-Kathy

Forgot to mention that Corid is amprolium, so you can use anything with amprolium. If they don't have Corid, see if they sell AmproMed or Amprol.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom