Beakage Tweakage (Update at Bottom)

Kim95037

Songster
11 Years
May 27, 2012
Morgan Hill California
So Penelope who is one of my biggest chickens (a turken) has a cracked beak! The very tip of the top part of her beak has a little fork in the end of it, almost looks like a snakes tongue. Anyway today I grabbed her to take a closer look and its cracked right up the middle all the way to where it goes into her face. It still held tightly together so it hasnt separated at all. She doesnt seem to be bothered by it much I still see her foraging around and eating normally, tho she has completely stopped laying, which is a bummer because she was one of my best layers. My EE's have resumed their egg laying now that its a little warmer and they are done with the molting process. Can I glue her beak with super glue? I dont know what to do. Will it heal by itself?? You can see the little fork in the tip in this photo bomb......All help is appreciated.

Actually I was able to get a better look at it with my cheaters (I cant see anymore!). It isnt cracked all the way into her face but it looks like it could very easily get there. I think what I need to do is trim the forked part off and file it so its nice and smooth and doesnt have any sharp edges that it will get caught on as she is foraging around. Still wondering if I can glue it to help it stay together

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom