I have no idea what im doing.

lozerface79

Songster
Feb 3, 2016
Alaska
So my dad has been pushing me to get quail since yesterday or the day before (cant really remember) Anyways the problem is i know nothing about quails.
I dont know what to keep them in.
What quails are the best (though im leaning towards button quails or California quails),how to keep them healthy, etc
I know absolutely nothing about them.
So since BYC has been incredibly helpful with me and my chickens i was hoping you guys could point me in the right direction. And send me to some good learning sources. Thanks!

Hi, so first you can keep them in anything! I keep mine in a giant dog crate in a little shed thing I made! Also, I sugest get coturnix quail they are quiet don't get to big and you can keep them in a neigborhood backyard.

Alright, can they be kept indoors? I dont feel safe keeping em outdoors because of our winters. I might move then there for the summer but winters might be too cold. Also, do you need a license to keep coturnix quail?

No you do not need a license. Also thy can be kept indoors, but I live in Canada and our winters are harsh too and just have a 100 watt red bulb to keep them warm.

No you do not need a license. Also thy can be kept indoors, but I live in Canada and our winters are harsh too and just have a 100 watt red bulb to keep them warm.

My dad has a friend in whitehorse where we might be getting our eggs/chicks from. So whatever he has we will probably get. If he doesnt give us any ill go with coturnix

Back
Top Bottom