Gone Quackers. . . it begins

Gone-Quackers

Chirping
Dec 21, 2015
Des Moines, IA

My new hovabactor incubator with forced air fan and egg turner arrived Saturday. It was quickly put at temp and held nicely for 12 hrs. I loaded it with 10 runner eggs. . and am waiting to meet my new quackers. . . Humidity keeps holding around 48-50% so I may need to add a bit more water?? I know it should be at 55% but if I add more water to another tray won't it go too high?

Now that I've gone completely quackers. . . and spent several hours watching an incubator. . and even longer watching my adult quackers do weird things. . I think I've lost it. . I have gone quackers.

Is there a cure? Any hope for me and mine? Or will I spend my life watching ducks climb the step steps to my back deck. . and have orgies in mud puddles?
barnie.gif

Lol welcome to my life, i find it when I watch my babies to closely I tend to have anxiety as I focus on EVERY SINGLE LITTLE THING THEY DO!!!! Ex. One of them gets up after sitting down for about 30 minutes taking a nap and starts limping a little, my mind - " OMG YOU HAVE BUBMBLE FOOT LET ME CHECK YOUR FEET AND THEN CUDDLE U!"

Reality- their foot fell asleep

And don't get me started about the incubators and hatching I literally like must imagine any little thing that could go wrong, but it always turns out okay

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom