Ameraucana and Black Australorp Roosters x (specific breed hens)

ObeyTheYeri

Chirping
Mar 21, 2015
Pueblo, Colorado
Does anyone have pictures of crosses from an Ameraucana or EE and Black Australorp over the hens listed below? I would really like to see pictures of the offspring and eggs laid by the offspring. Please feel free to post everything. Picture heavy is what I want. The more pictures the better. The Ameraucana rooster is a Blue Wheaten but any color would be fine, even an EE would be fine.

The Roosters:
-Blue Wheaten Ameraucana
-Any Color Ameraucana
-EE
-Black Australorp

The Hens:
-Red Sex-Links
-Rhode Island Reds
-White Leghorns
-Barred Rocks

Last edited:
Here are my three Easter Egger Leghorn crosses. Two have modified pea combs and muffs, one has a clean face and single comb, and all three have yellow legs. They all lay a light blue egg and started early at 4 1/2 months! Friendly birds, good layers. We really like this cross.

ETA: P.S. Don't mind the frizzle bantam cochin peeking her head out in the background. She thinks she's one of the big girls. ;)

Here is one of their eggs next to a silkie egg for comparison.

Last edited:
Here are my three Easter Egger Leghorn crosses. Two have modified pea combs and muffs, one has a clean face and single comb, and all three have yellow legs. They all lay a light blue egg and started early at 4 1/2 months! Friendly birds, good layers. We really like this cross.

ETA: P.S. Don't mind the frizzle bantam cochin peeking her head out in the background. She thinks she's one of the big girls.
wink.png

Here is one of their eggs next to a silkie egg for comparison.

I like this cross! I see snow behind them, how well do they do in the cold?

Last edited:
Amazing! I've never had leghorns because of their small size. I'm still planning my flock and I know I do want Araucanas/Ameraucanas, and I do want at least one rooster. Now after seeing this maybe I could get a leghorn rooster, they are dirt cheap and wouldn't eat much. The rooster kept for breeding and keeping an eye on the hens is usually more of a pet than a meal anyways so I don't' need a huge one.

Back
Top Bottom