Chicken Tunnels surrounded by Straw Bales Gardening?

Dani4Hedgies

Songster
7 Years
Oct 18, 2015
Merriam, KS
Hello,
Im a new chicken slave having gotten my chicks Nov 16 2015 and was wondering if anyone has made a chicken tunnel running through straw bale rows where you are growing veggies/herbs/flowers? I really want to give my chicken good running tunnels and want to do Straw Bale Gardening as well and wondered if anyone else has done the two together? As we are a small family of 3 I figure we will harvest our veggies/herbs from the side the chickens can't get to and the chicken will eat what they want from their side.

No - but it sounds interesting! How would you contain them in the tunnels? Also be aware a chicken can stretch it's neck an awful loooong way - you may not get any veggies!
I'm intrigued - keep us posted!
thumbsup.gif

Boskelli,
Was planning to use the common wite that everyone uses for the tunnel bent over as normal but the straw bales will be against like a wind break which with marigolds planted at the base of the straw and in the tunnel themselves will be clover and and I will be using the top of the straw bales to grow the veggies/herbs one plant closer to the chicken tunnel side and another plant closer to the side I will harvest from. Once the last freeze is through I will be setting it and will post pictures then.

Back
Top Bottom